Camp Glen Gray
Family Camp Weekend
Here are some menu ideas if you choose to make your own meals for the
Family Camp Weekend.
- Cold cereal, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt
- Eggs, pre-cooked bacon
- Breakfast burritos (eggs, breakfast meat, veggies, salsa, etc. in tortilla wraps)
- Cold cut selection, bread, rolls
- Grilled cheese sandwich, hard boiled eggs, pizza – English muffin pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs
- Foil cooking (chopped meat or chicken breast with cut-up veggies, potatoes, etc. with cream soup wrapped in foil)
- Dutch oven cooking
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, BBQ chicken, steak, London broil, Kabobs
- Pre-cooked chicken, meatballs and spaghetti, pre-cooked casseroles to reheat
- Dutch oven cooking of stews, soups
- Baked potatoes, corn-on-cob, cherry tomatoes, etc.
Remember to bring cooking utensils, pots and pans, potholders, foil, etc.
and plates, cups, napkins, eating utensils. Coolers and packaged food will
be stored in the dining hall but not refrigerated. If you are staying in a
cabin, you can bring your food right to the cabin.
For recipe suggestions, Google "foil cooking", "Dutch
oven cooking", etc.
Return to the Family Camp Home Page.
Please send any questions or comments to the webmaster.
Last updated: May 23, 2011
Copyright, 1999 - 2011 Old Guard of Glen Gray. All rights reserved. This
material is intended for informational purposes only. Any other use of
any information, including the names and e-mail addresses listed herein is